[Arm-netbook] crowdfunding page is live

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Jun 29 19:52:30 BST 2016

---

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Stephen Paul Weber
<singpolyma at singpolyma.net> wrote:
>> the page is now live, and runs till the 26th august.
>
> Congrats!

 thanks stephen

> If I read this correctly, the computer card can be used itself "as is" with the micro-hdmi + micro-usb?

 that's correct.  i'll be putting up a USB-OTG powered hub later in
the campaign once i've checked the pricing, there's a kernel patch to
enable the two-way power that's needed, i found it about 6 months ago.
a standard hub is *not* going to work because you need to provide
power *to* the CPU card *and* power the keyboard, mouse, etc. that's
plugged into the hub.

 ... make sense?

> Or does on need to buy the micro-desktop enclosure to be able to do anything useful?

 honestly you'll need to get something, at least.

> Thanks for all your hard work!

 no problem :)