[Arm-netbook] parabola arm gnu.linux up and running with xfce4

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Jun 19 20:20:45 BST 2016

On Sunday 19. June 2016 20.42.22 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/micro_desktop/news/
>
> quick demo video, libreoffice and a webkit-based browser, i've also
> got cups up and running.  all ready before the crowdfunding's due to
> launch in the next few days.

Good news!

I see that the wiki is functioning normally again: the news pages and various
other dynamic pages appeared empty for a while.

I also saw that Parabola GNU/Linux had a mips64el port but it has been
discontinued:

https://wiki.parabola.nu/MIPS_Installation

Maybe that could be revived in some way for the Ingenic jz4775 (albeit as
mipsel, not mips64el). It appears that the developers just ran out of
hardware.

Paul