[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 laptop Keyboard support improvement pushed

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sun Jul 31 15:03:00 BST 2016

Hi all,

I have gone ahead and pushed my latest round of improvements for
keyboard support in the EOMA-68 laptop EC firmware.

The new feature is support for modifiers (ctrl, shift, alt, GUI).
Previously, these were sent as key codes, now they are sent within the
modifier. For those to whom this is pure gibberish, it basically means
that now "shift-a" *will* show as "A" (unless you've hit the Caps Lock
key, of course, in which case "shift-A" will show as "a"), Alt-tab
*will* cycle through your apps "Ctrl-C" *will* break that running
process in your console, etc.

Basically, the keyboard is now as functional as any other USB keyboard
(except for two keys on the AZERTY matrix which seem to differ wrt the
QWERTY matrix; that's a trivial issue and precisely the kind of thing
I've initially set out to find and fix).

I've also made some less visible changes, mainly to optimize GPIO
access (for which there is still some improvement simmering gently
here).

Amicalement,
--
Albert.