[Arm-netbook] Rebuilding official OS images?

Elena ``of Valhalla'' elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 20:47:53 BST 2016

On 2016-07-29 at 12:03:58 -0500, Matt Campbell wrote:
> Are there scripts somewhere for building the official OS images for the A20
> card, from official distro package repositories, using debootstrap or the
> equivalent tool for other distros?

Debian has support for a number of A20 boards in the official
installer:

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner

the EOMA68 board is still not supported, but if a device tree blob is
available it is possible to use it with a bit of manual work

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner#Installing_on_systems_that_are_not_supported_out_of_the_box

You do need a serial interface (the debian installer runs on it, because
it's the common denominator of all supported boards, and autodetecting
the output device wasn't trivial): I don't know if it is easily
available on the EOMA68 A20 board.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''