[Arm-netbook] Rebuilding official OS images?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jul 29 19:26:00 BST 2016

---

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Matt Campbell <mattcampbell at pobox.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there scripts somewhere for building the official OS images for the A20
> card, from official distro package repositories, using debootstrap or the
> equivalent tool for other distros?

 i've been following various instructions online.  typically (and
rather unhelpfully - see discussions dating back several years) the
quotes normal quotes way is to create a quotes disk image quotes.  you
can tell i'm not very impressed with this practice.

> I think it's important that the official OS images aren't just cobbled
> together by one person, with no one else knowing how to do it; in other
> words, the build process should be documented, reproducible, and ideally,
> fully automated.

 i have such a huge amount to do already that i'm going to need help
doing that.  i've outlined some of the process in the updates for the
two OSes i've done recently.