[Arm-netbook] Ethernet with pass-through card

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jul 26 17:06:04 BST 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Stephen Paul Weber
<singpolyma at singpolyma.net> wrote:
>> I think you need to buy an additional Ethernet-to-USB adapter.
>

> Would be nice if such an adapter were part of a housing, but I realise
> there's limited resources for the housings already on offer.  Thoughts for
> the future, I suppose :)

 yeahyeah.  LAN9512 on-board, so you don't lose the number of USB
ports.  the BOM in volume of the micro-desktop is going to be around
$6-7.  a variant with a USB-ETH on-board would be around $2 more and
the casework would have to be slightly larger... big redesign,
different product basically.