[Arm-netbook] What I have done so far

Russell Hyer russell.hyer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:10:54 BST 2016

Hi guys, Hi gals

I still have yet to purchase a pre-ordered kit, but I'll do so before
your campaign runs down.

Obviously, I understand this is early days, and your current kit so
far as I understand doesn't include USB3 and potentially doesn't
include enough voltage for what I would consider a cool use of the
tech; though, like I say, it might not be technically possible up
front. So, you may have seen displaylink monitors (of course, I'm not
quite sure of the libre-ness of these monitors, but I use one on my
Mac Mini and it does provide a neat way of lugging around a 17 inch
monitor without the drag of anything other than a USB 3 cable). In
theory these also support GNU/Linux devices as well. (But I haven't
yet bought a USB 3 card for my libre IBM to test this out in reality.
But, whilst I would still want to support your computer system at this
stage, as regards daily, repeated usage in the earliest stages, I feel
supporting that type of hardware may be required and would allow the
net top version of the device to become more laptop-esque.)

Thanks in advance for answering my question, and thanks again for this
great project.

Russell