[Arm-netbook] What I have done so far

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 16:14:43 BST 2016

>> I followed the development of the EOMA68 Laptop for a long time and waited
>> eagerly for the crowfunding-campaign. After the start of the campaign I
>> regularly postet news on diaspora* and gnusocial and on the fsfe-de e-mail
>> list and will do so until the end of the campaign.
>
> thanks wolfgang, please do keep it up.

Ideas of places where I haven't seen it published, if you think that
it's worth a try: Slashdot, SoylentNews, LWN.

(I posted the links to a few places as well, but don't have much
time/energy left for the above).

>> I hope it helps. I wonder,
>> why so few people of the free software movement support your campaign. I
>> thouhgt, free hardware in combination with free software was one of the top
>> whishes of the free software community.
>
> the fsf is run by volunteers who are paid hourly: they're really
>*really* pressed and very understaffed, and many of them have other
>jobs so cannot work on fsf tasks outside of their (actual) paid hours.
>i'm leaving it with them to get the press release and so on out when
>they have available time.

I read Wolfgang's paragraph a bit differently...  I think that Wolfgang
wonders why there are not more pledges / purchasing orders from people
*following* the FOSS/libre software; while Luke interprets that Wolfgang
is complaining about people *leading* FSF*-related orgs (including
Europe, Latin America, etc.; and other countries similar orgs like ANSOL
in Portugal or April in France) are not promoting EOMA68 from their orgs
as much as they could / should.

Or perhaps I am wrong and Luke did read Wolfgang's message correctly.

In any case I think that it's a bit of both... and if it was being
promoted prominently by some orgs, specially FSF's Respects Your Freedom
campaing, would probably give the campaing a big boost.

But hey, I am positive and I think that it's doing quite well at the
moment :-)

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo at gmail.com>