[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68: eoma68/laptop_15in_pcb2/src/main.c authorship and license

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jul 17 15:06:39 BST 2016

---

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While waiting for my AZERTY keyboard, I have started working on the EC
> firmware and noticed that eoma68/laptop_15in_pcb2/src/main.c does not
> have an header mentioning license and authorship, and that there is no
> readme (yet... A README.md is in the works) which would provide overall
> licensing and authorship information.

 just haven't had time

> I'll add the header while I'm at it, but for that, I need to determine
> the licensing and author(s).

 that'll be only me unless it says "this file is part of the
libopencm3 project".
 one exception: the himax hx8357 #defines.  those are from the linux
 kernel.

> Many other files in the same folder are LPGLv3 (because they are
> copies/derivatives of libopencm3) so I guess main.c should be GPLv3
> (rather than LGPLv3 as it is not a library component).

 main.c can still be LGPLv3: i just choose it to be GPLv3.

> As for authorship, git log shows Luke as the sole author, but I cannot
> check if the file is a derivative of some other source with identified
> authors which should be mentioned too.

 no there aren't.  the example that i started from (a hello world one
from libopencm3) was so few lines of code, and did not have a
copyright header, that i didn't add one either.

> For now, I'll go with GPLv3 as the license and Luke as sole author, but
> anyone feel free to correct me if needed.

 yep.