[Arm-netbook] Chipsets?

GaCuest gacuest at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 19:15:24 BST 2016

El 11 de julio de 2016 a las 19:55:38, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
(lkcl at lkcl.net) escribió:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Andrew M.A. Cater
> wrote:
> > Luke,
> >
> > Can you reconsider the MIPS32 and Ingenic? The Creator C120 and C140 from Imagination
> use a very similar chip
> > - the video chip has some non-free drivers but there are alos Libre drivers, I believe.
>
> i am NOT going to be using PowerVR. imgtec have caused countless
> problems for over 15 years. every company that's ever distributed a
> PowerVR GPU inside their processor has regretted it.

If all goes well (I hope), what SoC could be a good successor of the
EOMA-68 A20?

I saw your post in crowdsupply and no other processor seems to
be a good successor. Perhaps Allwinner A64 and Snapdragon 410c,
but have some red flags. Can this be a problem to have a successor
of the EOMA-68 A20?