[Arm-netbook] Other crowdfunding rewards

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Jul 1 17:08:22 BST 2016

Sorry to keep sending suggestions during a very busy time! ;-)

I noticed that one of the Trisquel list members made a suggestion about
crowdfunding rewards:

https://trisquel.info/en/forum/future-libre-computing-crowd-funding-campaign-
starts-now#comment-99721

Although I intend to support this campaign because I actually want the
products myself, there will be people who just want to support it in its own
right. I had a conversation yesterday about this, in fact, after having seen
another Crowd Supply campaign add some extra rewards:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/knivd/ello-2m/updates/2233

(That's an interesting campaign all by itself, by the way.)

Giving people the chance to say that they like the idea, to give more than $5
- yes I see that you can give multiples of $5 - and to maybe get more than a
"thank you" but less than any of the main rewards, might broaden the base of
supporters.

Random merchandise might not be completely compatible with the ecological
objectives of the campaign, at least if not done right. Then again, people do
need to wear clothes, drink beverages out of containers, and so on. ;-)

Paul