[Arm-netbook] fosdem2016

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jan 25 18:12:38 GMT 2016

---

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> wrote:
> +++ Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton [2016-01-25 17:39 +0000]:
>> well um i'm here.. an entire week early :)
>
>> it'll be fun.  the http://2go4.be is pretty good, the no 71 bus goes
>> straight to ULB, there's a walk each end of about 250 metres... am
>> enjoying the accidental circumstances...
>
> Heh, A whole week early in person, but didn't manage to book a proper
> talk slot in advance (or did you just not quite make the cut?)  Very
> 'LKCL' :-)

 :)

 i didn't apply in advance because i didn't know how far along i'd be
with the laptop.  i didn't want to just bring a 3D design on-screen
plus some PCBs: first assembly i literally only managed to complete 6
days ago, so that was when i contacted alasdair.  i'm on standby if
there's a free slot, but it will be short-notice: i'll post on-list
and the arm-netbooks freenode irc

> See you next week; I look forward to a play. Are you going to be set
> up on a stand/corner somewhere so we have a fighting chance of finding
> you in the madness that is FOSDEM?

 well the advantage of being here early is that i'm planning - if i
understand things well enough to know if this is even possible (first
time ever to fosdem) - to set up early on the "open hardware laptops"
stand, plus, also, i want to speak to the people on the "3d printers"
stand to ask them if they'd like to print out some of the laptop
parts, on the basis that it'd be cool for both anyone demo'ing 3d
printers and also for the libre laptop project.  so i'll be at one or
other of those stands.

 i'm using the time here at http://2go4.be to refine some of the
parts, as this is the first time that PCBs have been inside the
casework, there is some quite obvious strain in places i could not
have forseen without actually having actual PCBs with fully-populated
components.  that, and ABS does have quite different characteristics
from PLA.

 other than that, i'll post here (and on IRC) if there's any changes.
if anyone has any suggestions (for venues / meeting-times) do say so.