[Arm-netbook] fosdem2016

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Thu Feb 4 00:27:32 GMT 2016

+++ Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton [2016-02-03 23:47 +0000]:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> wrote:

> a qty 5 figure for these 2-layer single-sided PCBs is
> going to be waaay less than that.  i'd put a guess of around $60 for
> PCB1, $50 for PCB2 and $50 for PCB3.

OK, that's a lot more doable.

> > I could
> > afford it but a) I'm tight and b) I don't like buying electronics
> > unless I'm fairly sure I'm going to get decent use out of it (all that
> > eco-thinking).
>
>  good for you!  so the question becomes: is it worthwhile for you to
> spend the time as an early adopter, to help "prove the concept" - i'm
> pretty sure it'd be possible to find a home for the end result (i have
> to give one to dr stallman for example).

verses debian cross-compilers, fixing troggle, drawing up a major cave
survey backlog, insulating the rest of this house, flogging the
e-moped taking up space in the shed or getting my humidity/temp
sensors and LED lighting finished :-) I need to retire, and then learn
to start projects at a lower rate than finishing them for a while. :-)

>  you've seen the lichee A64 source code from the a64 sdk, right?
> links and mirrors were discussed here about 2 months ago,

I downloaded it after those mails yes. But not looked inside.

The sunxi people must know about that?

> can you put me in touch with karsten?

Karsten Merker <merker at debian.org> (be nice to him :-)

Wookey