[Arm-netbook] Laptop Housing Questions

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Dec 19 21:56:03 GMT 2016

---

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Jonathan Frederickson
<silverskullpsu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, I have a few questions about the laptop housing.
>
> - How does one connect it to power?

 standard DC jack, anywhere between 7 and 19v.

> Can it be powered over USB

 powered no, charged, yes.  current limit on the OTG port.

>  or does
> it require a specific AC adapter?

 no.  min 4A is best, but if you're prepared to reprogram the
STM32F072 yourself you could get away with less

> I have a portable solar array with a
> battery pack that can charge portable devices over USB, and I'm trying
> to work out whether or not I'll be able to power the laptop from it.
>
> - What's the average power draw of the laptop housing with an
> EOMA68-A20 card?

 don't know.  max is 15W

> If my rough calculations are correct, I think it
> should be around 6.25-8.3 W?

 mmm LCD is around 4.  if you play an audio file at full volume it'll
take another 3W.

>  (Looking into CPU power specs has given
> me quite a bit of respect for Intel's engineers; it's amazing that
> modern laptops are able to do so much with so little power.)

 yeah... :)