[Arm-netbook] Warning about tablets/netbooks with detachable keyboards

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Dec 19 21:40:45 GMT 2016

---

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 4:24 PM, mike.valk at gmail.com
<mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the current connectors used by the "big" manufacturers are product
> specific and quite expensive for low volume production and not sustainable.

 and they're also proprietary.  i had this happen with the keyboards.
contacting one of the manufacturers of the original parts, they go
"who the f*** are you, and why do you want to demand a copyrighted
part in ridiculously small volume not worth our time, which if our
million-to-billion-dollar client finds out we're letting you have
THEIR copyrighted design they'll never speak to us again, we lose a
fortune.... over _how_ much business did you say you wanted??"

 ... yah :)