[Arm-netbook] MIPI DSI instead of RGB/TTL - the only way out of the blind alley

Benson Mitchell benson.mitchell+arm-netbook at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:10:06 GMT 2016

Glad we're on the same page.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 5:36 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>  * type II 5.0mm cards may expect housings to provide "upscaling"
> support for resolutions beyond 1366x768, a notification of the full
> list of available resolutions in the I2C EEPROM (in the form of DDC
> data) and, hmmm.... we'll need some form of auto-detection or
> standards-compliant means and method of communicating the desired
> resolution.  hmmm....

I finally found the documentation for display-timings in devicetree.
As I suspected, it already supports an arbitrary number of modes, and
specifying one of them as native/preferred.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/display-timing.txt?id=refs/tags/v3.19

So it looks like no EOMA68-specific data is needed to make it work.

Benson Mitchell