[Arm-netbook] laptop battery lessons...
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
GNUtoo at no-log.org
Thu Dec 8 08:44:45 GMT 2016
On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 19:01:47 +0000
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> whoops. *sigh*.... so i'll be increasing the laptop's height by 1mm.
> argh. that's a big redesign...
The root of the article is a blog post by a company specialized in
finding and fixing such issues, where they analyzed the issue by
buying and taking apart a Galaxy Note 7.
The article also heavily try to promote the services that this company offers.
The information was then picked by a review magazine that wrote a
journalistic article with that information.
The journalistic article was then picked by slashdot.
It would probably be wiser to ask battery experts before taking any
- That company tried to promote their services.
- They don't point to documentation or information on the margin they
- The battery technology is probably different on the EOMA laptop.
- The casing is probably different too.
- That laptop will probably be used for a time that is way longer than
the average use time for consumer smartphones.
- The average customers for common smartphones don't mess with them,
open the device, access the PCB, etc...
What if, for instance:
- You need more space than the 10% figure they mentioned? You probably
don't want to redesign it twice, and you probably don't want to make
unsafe laptop either, especially because they will probably be used
for a very long time by people messing with them.
- You don't need to redesign the laptop because the problem doesn't
More information about the arm-netbook