[Arm-netbook] new development laptop needed, looking at dell xps 13 9350

Wolfram Kahl kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca
Sun Dec 4 19:51:08 GMT 2016

On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 07:16:34PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > (The 13.3 inch M3 and M4 are not listed currently on the Eurocom
> >  main pages; I'd ask.)
>
>  i will - it's a little awkward to operate on 10-15k/sec internet
> connection (there's another couple of world-wide DDOS attacks ongoing
> at the moment, f***s everything up here), what's the LCD resolution on
> the M3 and M4?

M3:

  http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,242,0)ec

Currently lists only 1920x1080;
when I bought it, they had two higher-resolution options,
of which I ordered one, but when they received it,
it did not work (``looked horrible''), so we downgraded the order to 1920x1080.
(Higher resolution would probably not be as useful to me anymore
 anyways --- my eyes are getting older.)

M4:

  http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,350,0)ec

offers (offered?) also 2560x1440.

Eurocom's current offerings below 15.6" are rather thin IMO;
at 15.6" however, they have several (heavy) options to get 4K.

Wolfram