[Arm-netbook] new development laptop needed, looking at dell xps 13 9350

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Dec 4 12:29:00 GMT 2016

On 12/4/16, Franck Sinimalé <franck at sinimale.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> https://lacpdx.com/gnu/Laptop
>
> FYI they did not answer to my request since i live in France i guess,
> cool machines anyway !

 unfortunately the LCD resolutions max out at 1920x1080.  after having
experienced a 2560x1600 LCD, where i can get *TEN* full 80x56 xterms
side-by-side on one screen, or *two* web browsers full-screen 1200x800
next to *four* 80x56 xterms, or can do two 80x56 xterms and then
openscad a whopping 1800x1600... or PCB CAD development 1200x1600
side-by-side with a PDF datasheet at again 1200x1600 instead of being
forced to flip between the two....  *and it's portable*...

 ... once you've experienced that kind of development environment, a
1920x1080 LCD is a *MASSIVE* step backwards.

 ... can't do it, frank :)