[Arm-netbook] Keyboard

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 19:10:01 BST 2016

@Vincent.

If your flashlight died out after a few weeks in the way you describe --
it's either got a remarkably insufficient resistor, or (far more likely) it
was a Dollar Tree Special that doesn't have that protective component at
all (I got bit there once myself). The light in my pocket came with a
Rayovac AA for ~$5, and has served me well for a year or two now.

It's not my all-time favorite (that would be the Brinkmann one that I had
until it died... a replacement is $20, to which I say, "I don't think so,
Tim!") but it's very nice. It's this one here
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/331836187844>. I'd buy that, even though it's $3
more than I paid at *cringe* Wal*Mart. (For the record, mine is a sort of
bronze-ish color, almost a dark gold... not silver like that one.)

@ Luke. 20mA @ 2-3.5v, depending on the LED in question and its color.
eBay-issue cool white LEDs are 3.4v... I have a bag of 50 warm white ones
that are otherwise identical... I'd be inclined to call 40mA at 3.4v (quick
mental estimation pots that at ~1/8w) fairly trivial for an average vreg,
but i'm just a hobbyist -- I'll defer to you on this one, since you're the
resident expert.