[Arm-netbook] Wikipedia article

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Aug 26 21:54:43 BST 2016

---

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Sam Pablo Kuper
<sampablokuper at posteo.net> wrote:
> On 26/08/16 19:58, Sam Pablo Kuper wrote:
>> On 26/08/16 19:28, Christopher Havel wrote:
>>> I'd say you should. If Wiki's people decide that there's too much
>>> information from a primary source, they'll quite likely delete the article
>>> altogether. That, needless to say, would probably be kind of bad.
>>
>> Exactly.
>
> Also, "wikifascists" isn't exactly constructive language. Without a
> decent, impartially applied conflict of interest policy, Wikipedia would
> undoubtedly suffer:

  having regularly encountered blatant violation of wikipedia policy
by long-term wikipedia editors when i've endeavoured to provide
accurate technical information where highly-technical articles were
clearly wrong or completely lacking, i feel i'm entitled to use the
term accurately.... despite it not being very nice.

 i won't provide evidence of what happened because one of the
incidents was down to accidental anonymity (on my part - i simply
forgot to log in).  the attacks on that "anonymous IP address" were so
violent that i have absolutely no intention of letting the
wikifascists who attacked the "anonymous" technical contributions know
who i am.

 btw just to be *absolutely clear* i'm using "Definition 2" as
outlined here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fascist
 certainly not Definitions 1 or 3!