[Arm-netbook] Why Free hardware fails

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Aug 25 16:29:26 BST 2016

---

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 11:38 AM, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
<pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de> wrote:
> On 08/24/2016 09:51 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>  well... we have 1571 backers so far (and climbing) so i think we'll do okay.
>>

> You mean 1571 pledges? (Well, 1791 by now.) The number of backers is
> probably less because probably most people have pledged for at least two
> items.

 1846 and climing (yay!)  just looking at the numbers it's 1450 actual
unique backers.  which is awesome.

> By the way, have you considered watching out for government procurements
> once more cards are produced?

 i look forward to working with government organisations because
embarrassingly it'll be one of the ways that they can guarantee that
foreign agents can't compromise them through the hardware spying
backdoors that THEY ARRANGED TO GO INTO INTEL PROCESSORS.

> Your EOMA68 cards probably are better and
> cheaper thin clients for VNC than what my university currently uses
> (which are too slow to handle VNC and only do plain X11).

 yeahh i've set up xrdp successfully on linux and then used rdesktop
to connect, it handles logins and session disconnects really well.