[Arm-netbook] Verifying firmware

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Aug 25 07:23:45 BST 2016

---

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Xavi Drudis Ferran <xdrudis at tinet.cat> wrote:

> You could put a switch in a uSD card, but that would make the whole
> uSD card read only, so you would need something else for storage
> space. If you can get simply a part readonly that'd be much better and
> self contained.

 'i've set up read-only rootfs on debian before, it was fun to do.
needed it because i was booting off of CF cards.  used somebody else's
scripts... where are they... ah ha!

https://gist.github.com/netj/1216392

that was the one.  slight adaptation - worked great.  i use a variant
of that on my laptop (SSD) where /var/log is entirely in a tmpfs.