[Arm-netbook] Verifying firmware

Russell Hyer russell.hyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 23:30:28 BST 2016

Yes, Raphaël, that is an issue. After all, if you have one of those
new fancy laptops (that doesn't have a libre BIOS) to run a
non-Windows kernel, the tool you get to use (that you can find
packaged into the Ubuntu boot discs) is actually a self-signed hack by
Microsoft (MS) to allow you to boot ANY system, and the system
"validates" itself. So, yeah, the commercial systems aren't worth
much, but at least they allow you to undo the security, by pressing
the hollywood button (TM).

:)

Russell