[Arm-netbook] Shipping costs

Wolfram Kahl kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca
Thu Aug 11 20:17:38 BST 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 02:56:51PM +0200, m016fec3 wrote:
> I have pledged for more than one item and have the question, others have
> them too, if the items will be send bundled and if yes, will the
> shipping costs nevertheless be summed up as if the items would have been
> sent seperately?

If I put together a multi-item order, say two cards, a micro-desktop,
a breakout board, and a cable set, it says:

 | A surcharge of $52.00 applies for orders shipping outside of the United States.

And that for a package that will be hardly bigger than that needed for the
micro-desktop alone.

This motivates me pretty strongly to remove the low-cost items
from the order, live without the breakout board (which I would be getting
more for moral support reasons), and get the cables elsewhere:
I wouldn't mind paying a considerable part of the $15US for the cable set
as support to the project, but paying another $10US just for the privilege
of doing that, and shipping it a few km outside the US, just feels wrong,
because ``This is NOT how it should work'' in my eyes,
and the whole campaing is really about ``This is how it should work!''  ;-)

Wolfram