[Arm-netbook] battery and keyboard

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Aug 11 06:46:27 BST 2016

---

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 5:41 AM, Muhammed Adel Afzal <adel at ncf.ca> wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> With the laptop, can the user disconnect the battery and use only the power adapter to power the laptop?

 should be okay

>  I like to do this when I don't need the battery, to preserve the battery when I use a laptop.

 good idea - bear in mind though that with this design you'll need to
be careful doing that as it's built-in, it's not a removable design.
plug / socket inside the case.

> Could you describe the keyboard that you plan to put in the laptop? How does it compare to, for example, Thinkpad and Macbook laptop keyboards?

 it's a chicony keyboard for an asus 15.6in laptop - P/Ns are on here:
  http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/laptop_15in/pcbs/pcb2/

 it's pretty good.  full-sized keys.   there's also an update coming
out in the next couple of days, albert kindly demo'd the AZERTY
keyboard firmware he's been working on.