[Arm-netbook] The opposite of the EOMA-68 laptop

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 21:25:17 BST 2016

@ David -- by my eyes, that actually looks to be an incredibly nice, clean,
and tidy production. I have a spare motherboard (ignoring busted audio jack
and one questionable USB port) for my trusty ASUS 1000HE netbook. I was
thinking of desktopping it until I saw just what a mess it would be simply
hooking up a power button... the power button PCB connects to the
motherboard with a tiny flat flex cable (FFC -- the little white fiddly
cables in laptops that like to tear) and the pin pitch is frightening, at
best... never mind rigging in a new cooling solution, since the original
"heatsink" is the keyboard underlay! And so on.

May I ask how you handled that very issue (power button) yourself? Is video
out automatically handled by BIOS or did you have to twiddle something...?
Is it still hooked to the old battery? etc.

You can email me off-list if Luke gets ornery ;) but I'm rather curious as
to the full implementation and all.