[Arm-netbook] The opposite of the EOMA-68 laptop

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Aug 8 15:48:41 BST 2016

I'm more of a desktop user these days but even I can see the benefits of
a modular laptop design. It was something highlighted to me during my recent
reboot of my old laptop:

http://www.boddie.org.uk/david/www-repo/Personal/Updates/2016/2016-08-07.html

One thing that is highlighted very early on the EOMA68 campaign page is the
cost of getting a laptop fixed. Part of that is the need to return to a
single vendor or support company for repairs, especially when a laptop is
within the warranty period.

It's not always the case that you get everything fixed at zero cost under
warranty, and there are always time costs and secondary expenses associated
with shipping a broken product back to the vendor.

Anyway, I just thought it would be interesting to show the inside of a laptop
that probably blows through the EOMA-68 laptop's power budget several times
over - just check out that cooling solution! ;-)

David