[Arm-netbook] Ubuntu Computer Card

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Aug 5 15:32:20 BST 2016

---

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 6:44 AM, KillerKink Goh <killerkink at hotmail.sg> wrote:

> Any chance that there will be ubuntu-based computer card shipped as default?

 you're aware that any company that violates the GPL [1] is no longer
a company but is actually operating outside the law - i.e. is
classified as a Criminal Cartel, also known as an Organised Crime
Syndicate?  given that i have not seen any reports indicating that
canonical has fixed their flagrant GPL violations despite repeatedly
being told about them, what you're in effect asking me is that you'd
like me to endorse a criminal cartel called "Canonical" that *also*
has a track record of abusing the privacy of its users [2] [3]?

 i'm running this campaign along ethical lines (where RYF endorsement
is just one part of that).  _why_ would i want to endorse *any*
company that operates in a completely unethical way??

 the reason why i'm including debian is because their hearts are in
the right place, even if they've had to go through some rough times
recently [4] [5].  they're not controlled by any one organisation
(government or corporation, each with vested interests).   they have a
Social Charter: it's not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than
any of the alternatives (and a lot better than not having a Charter at
all).

apologies if you weren't aware of these things and that they come as a
bit of a shock.

l.

[1] https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2016/feb/25/zfs-and-linux/
[2] https://fixubuntu.com/