[Arm-netbook] laptop landfill ratio? ;-)

Xavi Drudis Ferran xdrudis at tinet.cat
Thu Aug 4 20:18:48 BST 2016

El Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 03:03:19PM -0400, Wolfram Kahl deia:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 07:14:11PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> >  the update for the 1080p60 video should be out by then,
>
> It has been mentioned occasionally that 1366x768 is a disappointing resolution
> for a 15.6" laptop --- how much of the $450 ``PIY Laptop Housing Kit'' would be reusable
> for a different display?

I think the 1366x768 is a limit of the EOMA-68 connector interface, not of the laptop display.
No EOMA-68 laptop can have a better resolution unless it had a cable to plug to the HDMI
output. But then this laptop would not be compatible with all possible EOMA-68 cards, only
those with an optional HDMI output, so quite off-charts.

A future EOMA-200 or whatever standard might allow for higher resolutions.

Or at least that's what I understand from what I read.

But I think 1366x768 is not disappointing, and it's quite in line with the overall features.
You don't get this laptop for high end features, that's for sure.