[Arm-netbook] 248 cards

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Aug 4 17:52:49 BST 2016

---

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 5:16 PM, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
<pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de> wrote:
> On 08/04/2016 06:05 PM, Xavi Drudis Ferran wrote:
>> Then there's the crowdfunding goal, which is further ahead, but the
>> cards' MOQ is already something.  I guess there are MOQs for the other
>> rewards too ?
>>

> What about the completely assembled laptops? The campaign seems to be
> past 250. I think there still is a need more orders of laptop parts.
> There was talk about >140 being desired.

 the critical component there is the PCMCIA socket.  if you add up the
number of micro-desktop housings, laptop housings and breakout boards,
the total comes to 201.  so we're 80.4% of the way there on that one,
too.

 no, the main thing is, we couldn't have predicted the ratios that
people would like to pledge for, in advance, and with a 20:1
difference betweeen highest and lowest parts it means we have to keep
an eye on things and do the maths.

 basically beyond a certain threshold raised it'll be really easy to
complete.  hard work, but we'll have the funds to do it.

 also with more funds i can start considering planning ahead.