[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 phoronix

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Aug 1 15:04:17 BST 2016

---

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Xavi Drudis Ferran <xdrudis at tinet.cat> wrote:
> El Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 02:26:51AM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton deia:
>> yay!  the slashdot article seems to have gone (still going) well -
>> waaa took up my entire day responding to people, but it's resulted in
>> a big jump from $52.5 to $55.2 and still going.
>>

> Take a little rest sometime. You're missing a K there, like $55.2K ($55435
>  already) .

 oh - a big jump, yay

> I see there're only 13 passthrough cards. I thought there'd be more of
> those and more laptops once they're on offer. It's been less than a
> week, though?

 yeah about that.

 the main thing is, those add to the MOQ of the critical computer card
components - the PCMCIA assembly, USB-OTG and so on.

> I have some questions on the pasthrough cards, but I haven't looked if
> there are answers out there already, so I'll look and ask another day
> in another thread if needed.
>
> Btw, there's a subjective sensation I get, maybe it's just me. But the
> more recent discussions aren't more positive in tone than at the beginning
> of the campaign...

 people who are in software libre know about it and have gone, "i'll
take it!" - now it's a bit harder to explain, especially to people who
have the latest and greatest intel processors.

> if true this might be good and give hope of a new concept
> maturing in the public mind and a possible late but in time acceptance...
> What's the more typical curve in crowdfunding pledges ?

 dip in the middle

>> now... the next person to poke a stick at would be michael larabel, he
>> was so funny saying "awww darn it, you guys keep bugging me about that
>> damn eoma68 thing, ahh i suppooose i'd better write an article
>> theeeen"... if anyone feels so inclined, feel free to poke him with a
>> stick again, point out that the discussion on his forum was huge (20
>> pages, 200 comments) and that i refer people to it all the time as the
>> technical discussions on there are really valuable, so it gets _him_
>> some exposure for his site....
>>

> Did you miss July 30
>
> http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=50k-Open-Allwinner-Board-EOMA

 i wasn't aware of that - yay!