[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 phoronix

Xavi Drudis Ferran xdrudis at tinet.cat
Mon Aug 1 07:55:50 BST 2016

El Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 02:26:51AM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton deia:
> yay!  the slashdot article seems to have gone (still going) well -
> waaa took up my entire day responding to people, but it's resulted in
> a big jump from $52.5 to $55.2 and still going.

Take a little rest sometime. You're missing a K there, like $55.2K ($55435
 already) .

I see there're only 13 passthrough cards. I thought there'd be more of
those and more laptops once they're on offer. It's been less than a
week, though?

I have some questions on the pasthrough cards, but I haven't looked if
there are answers out there already, so I'll look and ask another day
in another thread if needed.

Btw, there's a subjective sensation I get, maybe it's just me. But the
more recent discussions aren't more positive in tone than at the beginning
of the campaign... if true this might be good and give hope of a new concept
maturing in the public mind and a possible late but in time acceptance...
What's the more typical curve in crowdfunding pledges ?

> now... the next person to poke a stick at would be michael larabel, he
> was so funny saying "awww darn it, you guys keep bugging me about that
> damn eoma68 thing, ahh i suppooose i'd better write an article
> theeeen"... if anyone feels so inclined, feel free to poke him with a
> stick again, point out that the discussion on his forum was huge (20
> pages, 200 comments) and that i refer people to it all the time as the
> technical discussions on there are really valuable, so it gets _him_
> some exposure for his site....

Did you miss July 30

http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=50k-Open-Allwinner-Board-EOMA

?

Or you want him to write an article every other day ?

I think Mr. Larabel must be aware of what you say already.