[Arm-netbook] Interchangeable screen

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Sep 21 10:48:08 BST 2015

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 8:07 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-09-17 at 17:12 +0200, GaCuest wrote:
>
>> Perhaps the best solution is to use neodymium magnets and screws.
>
> You know I noticed that 16 gbit fiber optic transcievers
> are being sold for $15 in Aliexpress.

 coooool.

 miguel, the main reason why i thought that joypad controls would be
ok to modularise (as demonstrated successfully by that x-box
controller) would be because the number of signal wires is
significantly less as well as being a greatly reduced data rate.
soo.... rather large (multi-millimetre) spring-loaded contacts (like
in SIM cards), absolutely no problem

 by contrast for the lcd you're dealing with an extremely high number
of parallel signals at a MHz-level transmission rate in a very compact
amount of space.  so you definitely can't use huge spring-loaded
contacts because they will radiate EMF like buggery.  *but*... if you
can however as joe suggests decouple things, remove some of the
extreme requirements...