[Arm-netbook] laptop main board, power board and ingenic jz4775 cpu card

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Nov 26 22:37:26 GMT 2015

> Actually, Fairphone has come some way in terms of freedom: the Qualcomm SoC
> that's in the second product may even be supportable by Free Software.
> Meanwhile, Luke's Tesla would have to be personalised to stand out where I
> live. :-)

 i like what fairphone are attempting - providing people with the
means to repair their own devices.  it's a pity that they haven't
really thought it through properly: if they had, they would have made
the parts *properly* modular - i.e. in ESD-protective robust and
independent cases such that either a 4-year-old or an 80-year-old
could swap out parts in a few seconds.... *safely*.

 and i won't be buying a tesla, i will be making my own hybrid -
including designing the engine (@ 40% more fuel-efficient than
existing 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines, by using "detonation" i.e.
over1800F combustion temperature) - and including *reversing* the size
of the hydrocarbon engine vs electrical engine: a 6kW hydrocarbon
engine along-side a 12kW (20kW peak, going into over-temperature)
electrical engine.

the over-temperature characteristics are now permitted in Europe under
EU vehicle category L7E [heavy quadricycle] for up to 30 seconds of
"boost power" at up to 25kW so that the vehicle may accelerate at the
same rate as other, more powerful (yet heavier) vehicles.

 long story - been working on a design of ultra-efficient vehicle for
several years.