[Arm-netbook] laptop main board, power board and ingenic jz4775 cpu card

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Nov 25 02:41:20 GMT 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 2:22 AM, Jean-Luc Aufranc
<cnxsoft at cnx-software.com> wrote:
>>   (I'm
>> currently sitting on 16Gb box with constant 100% cpu load - it's Firefox
>> collecting garbage in its 6Gb javascript heap - forever and ever).
>

> I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from this...

 ... you're not - it's a known design flaw in web browser design: a
global process running all tabs/windows in order to reflect a global
javascript execution context.  chrome fixed the design flaw by running
entirely separate processes per window, which brings its own set of
problems.

 i run over 100 tabs on a regular basis, so every now and then i end
up with 100% cpu usage and occasionally well over 45 gb of virtual
memory gets allocated.  solution: kill firefox and restart it,
allowing it to reopen all tabs.  recent versions leave the tabs
"unopened" until you *actually* open them by explicitly clicking on
them.