[Arm-netbook] laptop main board, power board and ingenic jz4775 cpu card

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Nov 24 09:06:52 GMT 2015

On Tuesday 24. November 2015 05.03.16 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> second, the jz4775 CPU Card is finally underway:
> http://rhombus-tech.net/ingenic/jz4775/news/
>
> this is the first FSF-Endorseable CPU Card, using the 1.2ghz low-power
> Ingenic MIPS.  it seems strange to put a $3 processor alongside $2.50
> of NAND Flash and then put in almost $12 of DDR3 RAM ICs (2 GB RAM)
> but the threshold where SoCs were no longer the most expensive part of
> a BOM was passed a loong time ago.

This is great news! I also like the 2GB RAM support - with many ARM single-
board computers still only supporting 1GB, it makes sense to go for the
maximum here - and the USB boot mode support, which is great for experimenting
with new boot payloads and is one of the nice things about the Ben NanoNote.

Paul