[Arm-netbook] Jetson TX1 Module

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:06:03 GMT 2015

Wax pad or cheap thermal gloop (please use at least the copper stuff, that
silicone gunk looks like it came out the wrong end of a pigeon!) to the
shell and blow some air across that shell.

My old ASUS 1000HE uses that exact method -- except that the shell is the
keyboard underlay and palmrest... it's thin sheet metal... might be a half
mm thick. Might. That and a 40x10 or 50x10 mm fan is all it ever needed.

Something like this barely needs a fan if at all, but (again) every little
bit helps -- what I'm picturing is something like 30x7mm in an external
housing that is both intake and exhaust -- just do the housing so that the
air gets direction. I'll do up a drawing later, I'm cutting a bolt with a
hacksaw right now and I'm almost done. Soon as I get the bolt off, fix the
motor it's holding together, and put it all back together I'll draw
something up, host it on Imgur, and throw a link up here. Shouldn't be too
long now...

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net