[Arm-netbook] CHIP - The World's First Nine Dollar Computer by Next Thing Co. — Kickstarter

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon May 11 08:59:33 BST 2015

On Sun, 2015-05-10 at 00:15 +0100, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross wrote:
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer
>
> really good marketing and a well made original video. however they dont
> give much info like what wifi chipset they use -weather its software
> freedom friendly-.

They claim to be open source friendly.

I note the A13 retails for about $4, so potentially anyone
can make a similar device.

Didn't order one though - $9 for the CPU and $20 for the shipping!!!

I emailed them to suggest they do rewards of x5, x10, x50, x100 packs
of their $9 board because at those prices, they are perfect replacements
for Arduino on more heavy handed jobs.