[Arm-netbook] The future of EOMA-68

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 17:01:31 BST 2015

Luke, I just want to poke in here and thank you for mentioning something --
I myself was thinking of poking you on the subject of Intel's Bay Trail
stuff -- now I know :) things are never as simple as one wishes they were...

Oh well, maybe someday we'll get x86 stuff into EOMA68... that *would* be
huge, IMO -- basically every standard PC (and Mac, now) runs x86... but I
think I understand why it's not in the cards, yet.

(I hate to ask, because of how dead-dog-slow their stuff is -- but what
about VIA? Their Esther-core Eden ULV CPU is 3.5w @ 1GHz... of course then
you stuff in the chipset and the RAM and the everything else, and you're
probably way over budget, but I thought I'd mention it.)