[Arm-netbook] ... wiki authentication?

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Wed Jul 1 08:44:24 BST 2015

Ken Phillis Jr <kphillisjr at gmail.com> writes:

> Google Still has OpenID Support, it's just that they forced everyone to
> upgrade their authentication. See the relevent OpenID Documentation (
> http://openid.net/connect/ ) and the google developer pages (
> https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OpenIDConnect and
> https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OpenID2Migration)

Right, and I'm not sure that ikiwiki's support has kept pace (I recently
noticed that certifi.ca are no longer up & running, and that myopenid
has also bitten the dust, so installed local-openid to allow me to use
openid:

  http://bogomips.org/local-openid/

which suits me nicely, but probably not 99.99% of people.

OpenID seems to have fallen out of favour pretty seriously (at least in
part due to security issues) but I've not discovered what's supposed to
replace it, particularly if you don't want to rely on signing into some
major site to assert your identity.

It would be nice to get ikiwiki to support Mozilla Persona,
but so far not:

  https://ikiwiki.info/todo/BrowserID/

Regarding google's OpenID, I'll see if I can remember how to log into my
diaposable google account, and do some testing ...

Cheers, Phil.