[Arm-netbook] keyboard matrix (and usb-hid stm32f072 firmware) functional

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Dec 27 17:43:49 GMT 2015

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Peter Bouda <pbouda at cidles.eu> wrote:

> nice! which version of libopencm3 did you use? I just tried the current git
> repository of the firmware together with libopencm3 master and the paths to
> the headers seem to be different or some are even missing
> (libopencm3/usb/misc/string.h, for example). I wanted to see if I can build
> a gamepad usb-hid example based on your code.

 commit 4abcf1ad255b79085dc7e3d8861e15709848f567
Author: Kuldeep Singh Dhaka <kuldeepdhaka9 at gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Sep 8 11:08:26 2015 +0530

    USB rewrite

 you should be able to find that via a google search on the git commit
hash.  kuldeep is actively working with the stm32f072 and has made
significant enhancements and improvements to libopencm3 which,
unfortunately, the core developers do not trust.  they are on what can
only best be described as a "can't-cope-so-we-must-have-unit-tests"
binge, which has hugely stalled development.  my understanding is that
they feel solely and exclusively responsible for ensuring that the
ever-expanding codebase remains "stable", but have not made a push to
invite other developers to take responsibility for ensuring that
contributions remain current for a particular embedded controller.

 my advice to you therefore is to use kuldeep's work because he is
*actively* working with the stm32f072 right now, and to *not* move
from this particular git commit unless it is absolutely, absolutely
and i mean absolute 100% essential to do so.

if you need I2C i have added to stm32/f0/i2c.h some additional
#defines that enable the i2c code to compile and operate.