[Arm-netbook] early alpha production run of libre laptop PCBs, microdesktops and CPU Cards

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Dec 16 15:28:09 GMT 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16. December 2015 16.09.21 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>
>>  great.  so, i'll put you down for the jz4775 and udesktop.
>
> Yes, please do!

 alright, awesome.  i've got 5 very-very-first jz4775 cpu cards in
assembly at the moment (delayed by the xmas rush),

> I don't have that much Linux driver-writing experience, although I've peered
> into the murky depths of various drivers, including USB-related ones, which
> was horrible.

 haha

> Still, if you can't find anyone with the expertise who can do
> this kind of thing in an afternoon, I might be of some assistance. I have
> looked at USB controllers before now, so it's not completely alien technology
> to me.

 microcontrollers are actually a very small amount of memory, so if
you are writing lots of code, you're doing something badly, badly
wrong.  it is however a bit of a mind-bender: everything has to be
state-driven.  it's single-process (no threads, no state-swapping),
interrupts and DMA.  so everything is done as a huuuuge
state-machine... or on polling with sleep loops.