[Arm-netbook] Vero Apparatus: Another Arm Laptop Project

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Thu Aug 13 11:57:27 BST 2015

+++ Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton [2015-08-12 22:44 +0100]:
> great - they might be interested to start with the laptop casework i
> designed, instead of trying to retro-fit something.

I sit in an office with people working on this. The plan was to
retrofit, precisely to avoid the hassle for doing the mech-eng work,
which we all know is hard. And we all like our lenovo boxes.

I did show someone your case, but quite a lot of people have been
stockpiling x220 cases for a while now, so this probably won't change
for the 1st iteration.

We are actually stalled on availability of the AMD part so nothing
much has moved for 6 months. We may have to move to another part.

There should be a 64-bit arm laptop prototype at debconf, which will
also be interesting. No-idea if that will actualy see the light of
day, or when...

Wookey
http://wookware.org/