[Arm-netbook] Block Diagram EOMA-68 Handheld Games Console

Miguel Garcia gacuest at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 11:56:05 BST 2014

I appreciate you analyze the block diagram.

If you know any better component or an error or a missing connection,
please tell me.

Thanks.

Block Diagram EOMA-68 Handheld Games Console v.1.0

A basic sketch of the block diagram:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/16aeffb.jpg

-----------------
Slot PCMCIA:
-----------------

Part Number: Amphenol G659EU1X2472X
Datasheet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/11/G659EU1X2472X.PDF
Table of EOMA-68 pinouts:
http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68#Table_of_EOMA-68_pinouts

------------
Display:
------------

Part Number: BTL507212-W677L
Datasheet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/11/5.0''%20LCD%20HD%20-%20GL5005%20Spec_D.pdf
Connections:
- The MIPI pins are connected to MIPI pins of the MIPI-a-RGB IC.
- The pins of the PWM are connected to PWR pins of the EOMA-68.
- The display is connected to GPIO of the STM32F for power-up of LCD.

---------------
MIPI-to-RGB IC:
---------------

Part Number: SSD2828
Datasheet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/11/SSD2828QN4_1.0.pdf
Connections:
- The MIPI pins are connected to MIPI pins of the display.
- The RGB pins are connected to RGB pins of the EOMA-68.
- The SPI pins are connected to SPI pins of the EOMA-68.

----------------
Touch Panel:
----------------

Part Number: no hay Part Number definitivo.
Datasheet: no definitive part number. A datasheet of a similar part
number: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/D50-L4030A-K0D.pdf
Connections:
- The I2C pins of the Touch Panel are connected to I2C pins of the EOMA-68.

-----------
Battery:
-----------

Part Number: LP8067100-CI
Datasheet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/11/LP8067100-CI.pdf
Connections:
- The pins of the battery are connected to battery connector.

------------------
Battery Connector:
------------------

Part Number: PH-LT-WT-NA
Datasheet: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/PH-LT-WT-NA%E6%89%BF%E8%AE%A4%E4%B9%A6.pdf
Connections:
- The pins of the battery connector are connected to battery pins of the PMIC.

------------------
MicroUSB for Charging:
------------------

This microUSB is only responsible for charging the battery (no USB Host).
Part Number (provisional): 47590-0001
Datasheet: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/micro_usb_ab_475900001_sd.pdf
Connections:
- The power pins of the microUSB are connected to load pins of the PMIC.

------------------
LED of Charging:
------------------

This LED is used to illuminate when the battery is charging.
We have not yet selected a part number (a generic LED).
Connections:
- The pins of the LED of Charging are connected to LED pins of the PMIC.

--------------
PMIC:
--------------

Part Number: AXP209
Datasheet: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/AXP209-SpecSheet-Translated.pdf
y http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/AXP209%20Datasheet%20v1.0_cn.pdf
Connections:
- The PMIC are connected to PWR1, PWR2, PWR3 and PWR4 pins of the EOMA-68.
- The PMIC are connected to I2C_SCL and I2C_SDA pins of the EOMA-68.
- The PMIC are connected to a GPIO of the STM32F microcontroller
(IRQ-OUT of AXP209).
- The pins of the battery connector are connected to battery pins of the PMIC.
- The power pins of the microUSB are connected to load pins of the PMIC.
- The pins of the LED of Charging are connected to LED pins of the PMIC.

------------
EEPROM:
------------

Part Number: AT24C64
Datasheet: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/AT24C64.eeprom.pdf
Connections:
- The EEPROM pins are connected to I2C pins of the EOMA-68.

------------------
Accelerometer:
------------------

Part Number: MXC6225XU
Datasheet: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/MXC6225XU.pdf
Connections:
- The Accelerometer pins are connected to I2C pins of the EOMA-68.
- The Accelerometer is connected to a GPIO of the STM32F
microcontroller (accelerometer IRQ).

------------
MicroSD:
------------

Part Number: MM027S020R
Datasheet: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/litkconn_MICRO%20SD%20PUSH-PUSH%20A.pdf
Connections:
- The MicroSD pins are connected to GPIO pins of the EOMA-68.
- The MicroSD is connected to a GPIO of the STM32F microcontroller
(for MicroSD "detect").

---------------
Power Button:
---------------

The Power Button is a generic button with click
Connections:
- The Power Button is connected to 43 POWER# of EOMA-68.

-----------------
Audio Jack:
-----------------

Part Number: PJ-3545-5L1G
Datasheet: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/PJ-3543-L6G%20Model%20(1).pdf
Connections:
- The pins of the Audio Jack are connected to USB Audio Controller.

----------------
Speaker (x2):
----------------

We have not yet selected a part number (a generic Speaker (x2)).
Connections:
- The speaker pins are connected to Audio Amplifier pins (x2).

----------------------
Audio Amplifier:
----------------------

Part Number: UTC2822D
Datasheet: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/YW-UTC2822D_C.pdf y
http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets/90/492970_DS.pdf
Connections:
- The Audio Amplifier is connected to the audio output that goes from
the USB Audio Controller to Audio jack.
- The speaker pins are connected to Audio Amplifier pins (x2).

--------------
Microphone:
--------------

We have not yet selected a part number (a generic Microphone).
Connections:
- The Microphone pins are connected to USB Audio Controller.

--------------------------
USB Audio Controller:
--------------------------

Part Number: CM108AH
Datasheet: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/CM108_DataSheet_v1.6.pdf
Connections:
- The USB Audio Controller is connected to USB HUB.
- The USB Audio Controller is connected to a GPIO of the STM32F
microcontroller (to alter volume on headphone-out).
- The Microphone pins are connected to USB Audio Controller.
- The pins of the Audio Jack are connected to USB Audio Controller.

-------------
WIFI USB:
-------------

Part Number: CCandC WM-294 1T1R
Datasheet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19251472/11/WM-294_module-V2.2%28PCB%20v%20C%29.pdf
Connections:
- The Wifi USB pins are connected to USB HUB.

----------------
Bluetooth USB:
----------------

The Bluetooth USB part number has not yet been chosen, even so, is a
generic BT, so the onnection/power would be similar to the WIFI.
Connections:
- The BT USB pins are connected to USB HUB.

----------------
USB Host 2.0:
----------------

The USB Host 2.0 part number has not yet been chosen, even so, is a
generic USB Host 2.0, so the connection/power would be similar to the
WIFI.
Connections:
- The USB Host 2.0 pins are connected to USB HUB.

----------------
USB HUB:
----------------

Part Number: FE1.1s
Datasheet: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/FE1.1s%20Data%20Sheet%20(Rev.%201.0).pdf
Connections:
- The USB HUB is connected to 1st USB pins of the EOMA-68.
- The USB Host 2.0 pins are connected to USB HUB.
- The BT USB pins are connected to USB HUB.
- The Wifi USB pins are connected to USB HUB.
- The USB Audio Controller is connected to USB HUB.

------------------------
Digital Buttons (x17):
------------------------

4 buttons (2 digital triggers and Vol + and Vol-) would be generic
buttons with click (although maybe we put rubbers to makes softer
press them, should be viewed) and the other buttons are the typical
buttons ABXY on the PCB with rubbers (similar to xbox 360 controller
or snes controller).
Connections:
- The Digital Button is connected to a GPIO of the STM32F microcontroller (x17).

---------------------------
Digital Trigger (x2):
---------------------------

The analog trigger is a piece of plastic connected to a potentiometer,
which when pressed moves the potentiometer, and to return to its
original position there is a spring (see analog trigger of GameCube or
Wii Classic Controller as an example).
Part Number (potentiometer): Panasonic EVA-W7NR04B34
Datasheet: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/EVA-W7NR04B34/P13569-ND/1135944
Connections:
- The potentiometer pins are connected to an ADC of the STM32F
microcontroller (x2).

-----------------
Joystick (x2):
-----------------

Part Number: CTS 254TA103B50B-ND
Datasheet: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/254TA103B50B/254TA103B50B-ND/1755918
Connections:
- The analog pins of the Joystick are connected to 2 ADCs of the
STM32F microcontroller (x2).
- The digital pin of the Joystick is connected to a GPIO of the STM32F
microcontroller (x2).

Microcontroller:

Part Number: STM32F072xx (we have not yet chosen a specific part number).
Datasheet: http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/programming_manual/DM00051352.pdf
http://www.st.com/web/en/resource/technical/document/datasheet/DM00090510.pdf
y http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/FM116/SC959/SS1532/PF259717
Connections:
- The STM32F is connected to 2nd USB pins of the EOMA-68.