[Arm-netbook] Iteadstudio doing A20 SOM board

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 19:50:24 BST 2014

Hey, ITEAD has it all out now -->
http://imall.iteadstudio.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Core+EVB

Looks like the (relevant part of the) list is:
Core AW2041 = A20 SoC / 1gb RAM module
Core AW2042 = A20 SoC / 2gb RAM module
Core EVB = carrier board

They've also got a case and a "build your own" sort of kit thing where you
can pick AW2041/AW2042, EVB (or not), case (or not), and power supply
(US/EU 9v/12v... or not).

Looks like the power supply connector is the timeless 5.5mm/2.5mm barrel
jack. Pretty common stuff.

I notice one intriguing thing on the wiki page Henrik posted -- on the
underside of the EVB board, as shown in the dimensional drawing they have
(it's the image on the right, under "hardware", if it's not obvious) --
there's a four-pin something with a PCB antenna -- internal USB WiFi or
bluetooth adapter, maybe? The antenna layout (if it's accurate) would be
about right for the BLE adapters on eBay, as is the size of the module. But
I could see integrated WiFi a lot more easily.

Interesting, in any case...

I thought there was a second unmentioned item -- but it's labeled properly
and I'd just missed that somehow, lol. It's an FFC/FPC connector for LCDs.
40 pins. It's also on the bottom of the board, right in the middle.