[Arm-netbook] Phone Blocks?

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 10:25:29 BST 2014

On Sun, 2014-10-12 at 03:14 +0100, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross wrote:
> https://phoneblocks.com
>
> hmm, your thoughts?

It is smartphone centric. Smartphones are dying.
What people want is a digital modem module that they
can use for VoIP and other things we normally do
such as chat, email, text etc.
Text for example is dead - Whatsapp and WeChat killed it.

The smartphone would have died its death a long time
ago if VoIP was not being actively blocked by the incumbents.

When I pick up the phablet these days, I can't recall
using it as a phone for more than 3 minutes per day average.
Almost everything I do by voice is carried by VoIP.
If smartphones allowed Voip without interfering with it,
and it worked across borders,
I'd never ever make a phone call using phone features of a smartphone.