[Arm-netbook] http://rhombus-tech.net/icubecorp/IC1T/news/

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Nov 19 01:31:48 GMT 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM, Christopher Havel
<laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding the art -- you're welcome! Please do let me know if I can be of
> further help there ;)

 yes please, let's talk off-list.

> One question that seems germane to the list -- doing some random EOMA-68
> tinkering in my head, lol -- would it be possible to generate say a PS/2
> keyboard port from the GPIOs, reasonably easily

 yeah i don't see why not.  if you google it there are plenty of
people trying it.

> (ie without having to dev up a homebrew driver)...?

 ahh you _might_ get away with a userspace service, using
/dev/gpio/xxxx and libuevent.  libuevent is designed to interact with
the uevent (user-generated event) driver so you could do bit-banging
gpio emulating the keyboard then generate linux keyboard events in
userspace and have the kernel think they're kernel events.

> I'm thinking specifically of the A20 card here -- I
> have an AT101W keyboard (mechanical, from the mid-90s or so) that I'd love
> to tuck an EOMA card into -- it's just the right size that I may be able to
> fit the Micro Desktop Board in there if I do a custom enclosure for it...

 cool!

> then again since I like the junkyard look I may go enclosureless on this
> one... prolly will in fact since I've lost the screws that hold the thing
> shut...

 bit of sticky-back plastic never did any harm... [1]

l.

[1] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sticky-backed_plastic