[Arm-netbook] Linux on Lenovo A10

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Nov 1 10:42:28 GMT 2014

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 2:30 AM, jean-michel voicechat_fan <
jean.michel.78 at gmail.com> wrote:

> what is wrong on my post i dont see it on archives

 if you did not post from exactly the email address subscribed, or you did
not wait until i had approved the subscription, you would have received an
automatic rejection notice.

> jean.michel.78 at gmail.com>:
>
>> hello arm netbook  users , i own a lenovo A1O netbook
>> it is a RK3188 based one i am looking for informations or image to boot a
>> linux on this machine.
>> I have rooted this machine and install CWM recovery that means i can also
>> run linux on this way

 a quick google search "rk3188 linux" shows some links that you might wish
to investigate.

http://liliputing.com/2014/07/now-easier-boot-linux-rk3188-mini-pc-microsd-card.html
 http://linux-rockchip.info/mw/index.php?title=RK3188

> lenovo A10 is a netbook and it is running with an ARM
> processor . the list is named ARM netbook

 that does not mean that the technically-literate people on the list have
the complete and full expertise (or time) to reverse-engineer all 1000+
variants of the processors that exist based on ARM Core Licenses, nor does
it mean that they have the complete and full expertise, experience or time
to do or have done all the thousands of products *based* on those 1000+
processors from so many different SoC silicon vendors.

 basically it's all a bit overwhelming :)  so we are looking to *make*
hardware rather than react to *other people's* hardware.

 but we can at least point you in the right direction: see the links above
as a start.