[Arm-netbook] micro desktop

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 04:32:02 BST 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net
> wrote:

>  ok, i got one - how about putting on the eoma discussion page the
> stuff that was talked about a few days ago?  just cut/paste and then
> perhaps research some of the arduino material.

Just looked back at this -- I honestly thought it was someone else who
posted it and was going to ask your opinion, LOL. I can definitely do
copypasta from thread to discussion page, although if it uses neither HTML
nor BBCode for formatting I'll have issues. I'll be starting tomorrow at
the earliest, since it's getting late here now -- what specific
threads/content were you thinking of, so I don't mess up? (I have a very
short memory, and I'm easily confused -- sorry!)

Also: I know very little about Arduino -- except that it's programmed
primarily in a language I don't speak ;) I'll have to conquer that,
eventually, for a project of my own... but for now that is not to be. I've
done a little work with PICAXE but they won't work here -- no derivative
works for them, *and* they're closed-source. I know someone who is very
heavily into Arduino stuff, but I've gotten the impression from what he's
told me in the past, that he'd probably not want to be roped into
contributing to EOMA. He's trying to forget his past forays into
electronics and computers so that he can focus as exclusively as possible
on Arduino stuff... I can sort of understand and respect that. He's been
doing that stuff for a very long time, is my understanding, so he probably
is just clearing space so new knowledge can be stored :P

I do have some obligation to him, though, to expand my electronic knowledge
-- after all, he did give me a 70s vintage Tektronix 422 recently ;) I've
no idea how to use it yet -- I need to get on that, soon. (He gave me the
manual with the scope...) Maybe once I get the hang of that, I can
contribute more... I dunno. I've also seen, on Hackaday, a very simple
device that would permit me to run that o-scope as an 8-channel logic
analyzer, although it would pale in comparison to the real thing... IIRC,
it's basically a shift-register setup. I have the Hackaday blurb
bookmarked, if people are interested.

For now, it's late, and I'm going to wander off towards my bed.